MOTHER & BABY CLINIC
The John Flynn Birth Centre has a Mother and Baby Clinic available to all Gold Coast and Tweed Coast families. The Clinic offers professional support and education for families with babies 0-6 weeks of age, as well as ongoing advice and guidance as required. The clinic is operated by qualified and experienced Midwives/Child & Family Health Nurses and Lactation Consultants and is situated on Level 3A.
We provide one-on-one appointments in a private and relaxed environment whilst ensuring that you receive consistency and continuity of care and advice.
To EMPOWER parents by...
- Offering education and support inspiring confidence in parents and their ability to parent.
- Giving advice in the form of options to enable parents to choose a solution to an issue suitable to their lifestyle.
- Encouraging parents to trust their parenting instincts by giving them positive reinforcement.
- Providing parents with information and access to community resources to ensure timely and ongoing support is available to them on their parenting journey
Support, education and advice is provided in our Mother & Baby Clinic for:
- Breast feeding assistance and management.
- Sleep and settling strategies.
- All aspects of infant nutrition.
- Infant growth and development assessment.
- Postnatal checks for mother.
- “Fussy” babies.
- Twins and Prems.
- Early discharge home visit (only available if delivered at John Flynn Birth Centre).
To make an appointment, phone John Flynn Birth Centre on (07) 5598 9040 or Mother & Baby Clinic - (open 3 days per week – Monday, Wednesday, Friday) on (07) 5598 9658.
Mother and baby ½ hourly clinic and hourly lactation appointments are available. Fees apply. (Health fund rebates available). Payment must be made at John Flynn Reception (Ground Floor), and then proceed to Level 3A with receipt.